Saturday 18 August 2012

Busted screw

So I wanted to put a dryer on the wall, well, my wife did. So I got some long screws with biggish hex heads, screwed some timber to the wall and hung the dryer on that, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Screwing the timber to the wall proved tiresome, because the head of the screw snapped off, leaving this:



How inconvenient that the weakest point of a screw would be the head. It was most of the way in too. Happily, the bit of timber in question was to keep the dryer away from the wall, not hold it up. So I left it there. "Rust in peace" I said. Well, I should have. The rust is, I'm almost certain, post-failure.

I can imagine that it would suck to be the person who wanted to get those bits of timber off. I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the other screws went the same way when the time came to get them out. I don't think the dryer's going anywhere, though, which is all I care about for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment